The mission of the MDS Alliance is to better serve the MDS patient and caregiver community globally
Our vision is optimal care for all MDS patients worldwide.
Organization & Structure
Leadership Group – A group of six MDS patient advocacy organizations to provide leadership and direction to the MDS Alliance.
The initial Leadership Group members
- General members: These are established nonprofit/non-governmental organizations who must be focused on meeting the needs of patients and caregivers living with MDS and meet the membership criteria below.
- Associates: Professional organizations with whom we partner. These are groups that support the mission and vision of the MDS ALLIANCE, but do not have MDS as a primary focus OR are regional or local MDS organizations.
- Supporters: Pharmaceutical companies willing to support our mission and vision.
Thank you to our current supporters:
- Taiho Oncology
- Application for MDS ALLIANCE membership shall be submitted to the Leadership Group.
- Review of the application will be completed within 30 days of receipt of the application.
- In order to insure that membership criteria are being maintained, each group will be asked to submit a renewal application every two years.
- Membership may be revoked or not renewed by the Leadership Group if a member is found to be significantly out of compliance with these membership criteria.
- A non-profit or non-governmental organization certified/chartered or registered in their home country
- A permanent/ongoing entity
- National or international in scope
- Formed primarily for the needs of people living with MDS and support the mission, vision and programs of the MDS-A
- Willing and able to engage in the activities of the Alliance
- Represent MDS-A in their country
- Share their experience and expertise
- Link to the MDS-A website
- Promote MDS-A at conferences
- Able to insure that all patient education materials and information have been properly reviewed and approved by appropriate medical professionals