ESPERANTRA is a non-profit organization, founded in 2005 with the purpose of contributing to the reduction of mortality from high risk non-communicable diseases (cancer; high-cost, rare chronic diseases). ESPERANTRA works for:
- Health promotion, allowing people to gain control over their health.
- Health prevention by communicating about healthy lifestyles to prevent diseases.
- Improving the quality of life of patients by promoting their capacity building and advocating for equality in access to quality treatments and innovative care.
WHAT WE DO
For civil society
- Educational campaigns about healthy habits to prevent illnesses and communicate the need for preventive check-ups and health control.
- Communication of health rights and duties.
- Medical appointments for free preventive check-ups, donation of medicines.
- Research and proposal of public health policies in favor of patients.
For patients and caregivers
- Personalised psychological assistance.
- Nutritional counselling.
- Personalised complementary therapies.
- Support groups.
- Education of patients about their illness, the healthcare system and access to healthcare.
- Drug and treatment donation.
- Health Rights Advocacy.